Monday, April 8, 2024

Monday Updates

My new crown was installed fairly easily.  Although removing the temporary crown felt like they were going to uproot what was left.  Not comfortable at all but I am glad to have it done and it seems to be fine, although I am experiencing some major sensitivity to hot/cold.  I assume it has to do with making the crown fit and has made the other teeth move some and expose whatever is reacting.  Sensodine has not worked yet.  But I am truly thankful for this dentist.  I never knew that my previous was as bad as we have learned.

I am still struggling with stamina although I can get through my walk fairly well now.  I still need to increase the number of days I walk.  I got 4 in this last week and hope to get to 5/6 this week.  I did get the front and back yards cut but I really need to weed eat.  That part is out of control but is a real chore right now.

I sent a message to the Pain Doc through the portal about the ablation seeming to have failed.  He wants me to come in to talk about it. So I have an appointment early Friday moring.  When that part acts up it is somewhat worse than before but not as often.  In the past, it was mostly when I was in bed that it bothered me.  Now it's anytime and I can't determine what it is that sets it off.  And the only time it bothers me in bed is when it was acting up before hand.  I'm not sure I can tell him what set if off like I did before because those things haven't been in play.  I an curious what he will tell me.

Sorry about all the 'woe is me' posts that seem to have been going on forever.  I hope I can get over this hump so it is not so prominent in my mind.   But I guess pain does that to you.  And I know it gets old for people to listen to an old man talk about his health issues.  I remember from my younger days.  I don't generally talk about it with anyone else unless they ask.   

And some good news?

I have a big milepost coming up this July.  It will be 10 years (actually 9 and a half) the way the doctor numbers it, since my prostate cancer surgery.  Lord willing if the blood test results are consistent with all the previous tests they will release me and I won't be having to see him anymore.  Although he did advise me to get a PSA test whenever I have a physical just to be sure there is no return.  That's pretty easy to do.

Happy Trails




1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Well, that IS good news on the prostate front. The other, not so much. And pain management needs to step up!