Sunday, March 3, 2024

More Doctors, More Honey Do's and more

During my hospital stay back in January the attending physician was concerned about a heart murmur.  I have known about it since 1996 when they discovered I had diabetes.  The cardiologist at the time said it was so small that my primary care physicians probably could not hear it.  So I never worried about it nor did any of my other doctors.  Apparently it has gotten bigger/louder.  So, Tuesday I have an appointment with a cardiologist, supposedly to get some sort of test to detemine which valve it is.  My primary care doctor wasn't worried about it but agreed to refer me.  Last Monday I got a random message about my blood pressure from my primary.  What?  I don't really check it much as it is usually rather low normal.  My pressure reading were pretty high with those requested checks, nothing dangerous but high none the less.  So, now I expect the cardiologist will run more tests etc. 

We, (K mostly) is preparing for a new bed we bought.  This will entail getting rid of one and moving another into the other room.  It will move into 'K's' craft room.  It's full of her stuff.  This is an opprtune time to remove the carpet and replace it with flooring we have installed ourselves in two other rooms.  Plus the moving of all her junk and 5 plus book cases out of and back in the smallest room we have.  Well I am not able at this time in my reovery to lift and move furniture or get on my knees and install flooring.  She is working at getting things sorted.  But the flooring will have to wait and get it done a piece at a time.  I won't bore you with the 'how' we have agreed on.  It's going to be a 'fun' time I'm sure.  

Snickers is doing great it seems and doesn't seem to have any effects from the meds he is taking.  We will take him in for monthly blood tests on his liver to see how it is healing and adjustment of meds.  I am not sure if the blood tests will ease over time or if this is a monthly thing long term...$$

OK, this is getting long so I will shut up now

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Good idea to get 'checked', better to know what is going on that just letting it go. And good luck getting the 'little stuff' done. Remember the rule, twice as long, and three times the cost!

Randy said...

@Old NFO yes, will get checked out. I had mentioned to my primary my concerns before and he thought otherwise. Everything else is coming along...slowly