Monday, March 18, 2024

Dental and Taxes

Paying Taxes like pulling teeth or vice versa.

I've been dealing with a cracked tooth for just over a year.  Dentist hadn't been able to see it with or without X-Rays.  It just wasn't big enough to detect.  I wasn't real sure which tooth it was for sure.  When it hurt, it hurt mostly all over that side of my mouth.  Back in December I must have broken a chip off of it because I could feel a roughness where there wasn't before and any pain I had when I bit down was centered on one tooth.  At my visit for cleaning back in February I brought that to his attention again.  He could actually see it this time.  Got me scheduled for a crown.  The initial visit for that was last Wednesday.  I never had a crown before, unless oyou call an implant a crown.  I knew there would have to be grinding, but with and angle grinder?!?  JK.  I'm not gonna lie, I was nervous for this visit and I don't get nervous about things like this usually.  Of course it wasn't as bad as I had imagiined and he got it done pretty quickly.  Less than 45 mins.  Now I have a temporary crown and will get the premanent one on April 1.  Glad I got most of it done.  It already has stopped bothering me.  I am so glad to have found this dentist.  

I also got my taxes for 2023 done.  I have been using Turbotax for years and still do.  This time I just filed for the standard deduction.  We haven't been able to file using itemized since 'K' lost her job back in 2008, except when she had major surgery.  I was able to finish filing in less than an hour this time instead of stretching it out over a couple days.  Less hair pulling and getting aggravated.  We still have to pay.  

When you use Turbo Tax they give you your pecentage of tax you paid.  It always shocks me how low ours is.  A flat 10% tax rate would more than double what we have to pay.  And again, we have no deductions, we just use the standard deduction.  Not complaining.

Happy trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad you're getting the tooth fixed! Abscesses are NASTY and can kill you. And yes, taxes suck.