Monday, December 4, 2023

Miscommunication and Christmas Decorations

Due to a miscommincation my ablation did not happen.  They told me I was scheduled for the same test I had 2 weeks prior.  Medicare requires it.  OK, but somehow I did not get the message.  So I was tested again, and again it hurt, in fact it was more painful.  Probably due to my muscles being tense from anticipating the ablation.  The last test I got some immediate relief that lasted most of the day.  Same test this time and no relief, in fact I was in more pain than I was before the test.  I had to go back the next day to discuss the results of the tests.  This entailed them asking me if I wanted to proceed with the planned ablation or considering neurosurgery.  Of course surgery was not an option, yet.  So I told them let's continue with the ablation.  The doc said I will not like him much for a couple weeks after the procedure.  Not what I was expecting.  Evidently having the nerves burned off doesn't relieve your pain immediately.  In fact it takes up to 4 weeks and can be pretty uncofortable during that time.  He said it takes time for the nerves to stop doing their thing.  So we are scheduled to proceed on December 12.  It can't get here soon enough.

Christmas decorating has begun.  'K' has been at it for a few days.  First removing all the Fall decor.  Today the tree is up but not yet decorated.  This is not my thing.  She does an amazing job and am super proud of what she does, but I just don't want to be part of that except to put up the tree of lift a few totes.  

I have pretty much finished my part of the Christmas shopping (thank you amazon).  If I can't buy it online and have it shipped, y'all ain't getting it.  I detest shopping and espcially Christmas shopping.  

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Small steps, and I hope relief for you! At least you got an honest doctor! And yes, decorating is a PITA! I dusted off my foot high Christmas tree, and hung a few lights. I'm done!

Randy said...

@Old NFO: Thank you. I used to do the outside decorations, a considerable amount, not anymore. Now we have neighbors that weren't here then and now they have them and we don't. I feel like a fuddy duddy lol. We were virtually the only ones on our stree that did anything.