Monday, December 11, 2023

First Freeze? Procedure and Leak

The weather guessers predicted the first freeze of the season for our area this morning.  Didn't happen where I am, not even a little frost.  It's 40* here right now.  Who knows when it will happen bit it's getting pretty late in the year.  Sometimes we get frost and a freeze before a much of the area, sometimes we get none when others do.  It's just the way it is living in the hills.  But we still prepare all the tender outdoor plants anyway.  The day we don't is when it does freeze.  Then we have damaged plants that look pretty bad.  

Tomorrow is my procedure on the nerves in my neck.  Things like this don't usually bother me at all.  This one does a little.  Mainly because of the pain I will endure during and after.  The doc assures me I won't like him very much once the local anesthetic wears off.  It can take up to 4 weeks for the results to finally kick in.  After the pain of the two tests I do get second thoughts.  Even though they used a local it was pretty painful.  For something that will only last 1-2 years, is it worth it to go through all that I ask myself.  Especially when ibuprofen handles much of my pain.  Then I have a night like I had last night where the meds don't do much good and I'm ready to get it done ASAP.  I don't have a lot of pain other than when trying to sleep, so it's out of mind at those times.  But after 20 years of this, it is wearing me down.  So I tell myself to suck it up...I don't have to have it done again if it doesn't work out.  There's always neurosurgery...

Did a little plumbing on a sink drain that needed replacing.  We have those stupid cultured marble sinks and counter top that are all one piece.  The sink on my side apparently has a small crack in the marble around the sink drain.  So it leaks.  I pulled all the parts out and got some silicone sealant to use to try and seal the leaky sink.  It's working so far after 5 days.  The alternative is replacing the entire counter top and two sinks.  We aren't ready to do that.  The parts of the sink drain gave me new gaskets so I'm hoping all that will last a while.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

That surgery is always damned if you do, damned if you don't...sigh. Glad your 'drip' is fixed! I 'learned' with my second house I didn't EVER want a countertop/sink molded as one! That was an 'expensive' lesson, even after insurance!