Monday, November 27, 2023

Chilly and Upcoming Week

It has turned chilly the last few days and will be for a couple more.  Still no freeze or even light frost.  No rain either.  It's been pretty spectacular for the most part.  There is also something in the air that is playing havoc with my sinuses, which is typical for this time of year.  

Not a lot planned this week other than my ablation on the nerves in my upper back/lower neck tomorrow.  I'm praying it works as well as they say it will.

Thanksgiving went pretty well.  They ate almost all of my Carne Guisada.  I wish I had made more, not near enough leftovers.  I also made some salsa and it went fast too.  I will make some more soon, I really like this batch.  I smoked/roasted all the veggies.  Mom actually showed up.  She was pretty much her old self.  We think it's a combinnation of the meds and not having the dog to worry about.  Either way it's a good thing.

Today's walk got stopped shortly after it started.  Snickers slipped his harness.  Either he has lost weight or it didm't get put on right which is easy to do.  I called 'K' to help as he runs from us every time.  He saw her car and ran up and jumped in.  Little jerk.  I was still sucking wind pretty hard after running after him so I headed back home with Maggie.  A new harness may be needed if he has lost weight.  

Christmas shopping has commenced.  'K' surprised me with something she actually wants.  She never does that and always leaves me hanging for gifts.  She wants a new laptop since her WIFI has quit on hers.  So we put hers on my desk in the meantime with an ethernet cable connection.  She pointed out one she saw on Utube.  I checked it out and it was a piece of junk.  Son#1 helped me find one while they were here for thanksgiving.  It is now a done deal.  She will just have to deal with the new Windows 11 lol.  I am about finished now, just one or two more things.  

Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving.  

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

We ate too much, but it was good! And those harnesses are both good and bad... sigh... Glad your mom made it was 'there'.