Monday, July 10, 2023

Tires(again) and Tomatoes

Just got back from Discount Tires.  Another 3 tires put on the Explorer.  I have actually bought cars for less lol.  The fourth tire was replaced a couple months ago due to it having had to many flats(3) and they would not repair it again.  I always purchase Michelins.  I immediately noticed a better ride and quieter too.  The tires that were on there were on it when I purchased the car.  A brand I never used before and never will again, Hankook.  

The tomatoes are slowing production.  Picking one or two every other day now.  We are getting a little tired of eating so many lol.  Take a look at this bad boy: (Click the pic to get a close up)




1.42 lbs of fresh tomato deliciousness.  I made a quart of salsa with some of his little brothers the other day.  The recipe calls for 5 Romas.  They are less juicy and considerably smaller.  I used 3 of what my gardens produce including a couple of my small onions.  It made much more than I anticipated and much juicier.  I can say the ones I have grown this year are much juicier and as you can see much bigger.  They do have a draw back, the meat can be a little grainy but it's not enough to make them bad.  I have eight or nine sitting on the counter waiting for me to eat them before they go bad.  I try not to place them in the fridge, the consistency changes considerably and I don't like them much at all.  They get a little too cold and almost freeze from what it looks like even though I had the temp set at 37*.

Mantis stepped up and will trade me out the laser cartridge I got stuck with and is sending me a 9mm.  I had to buy the 9mm and when I get the other one sent back to them they will refund the purchase.  The other one arrives today and I hope to get the one I need to send back sent out tomorrow.  I need the get some packaging and  tracking number.

I need to go mess with the Granddaughter while she is here.

Happy Trails

 

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

That is a BIG 'mater! And glad Mantis is stepping up!

Tires are a PITA, and glad you finally got that sorted.