Tuesday, June 27, 2023

It's HOT

We have had some record breaking heat in this area.  I seem to keep saying that the last few years but it's true.  In the city to my South they have had 5 straight days over 105 that broke records every day.  Fortunately we haven't had those high temps.  At times I find my thermometer 10 degrees lower, thankfully.  I have my sensor in a new location I am trying out in order to get more accurate readings.  I found out it had been in the direct sun for a few moments in the hottest part of the day.  That certainly won't be accurate.  We shall see how the new location works out.  But it's not unusual at all for us to be much lower than in town or higher at times.  It's crazy.

I have had an abundance of tomatoes lately out of the garden.  Most are very huge.  But I'm not sure I like those as much.  The meat seems a little grainy.  I managed to can 8 pints of tomatoes yesterday in order to keep them from going bad or 'K' giving them all away before I have had a chance.  I will use them for the salsa I make.  I don't have a canner so I use a process I found on utube.  It worked great last year, not sure if it worked this time.  I didn't hear the can lids popping when they sealed but with my ears that isn't surprising.  'K' said she heard something but didn't know what it was.  I guess I will find out.  

I will head over to Academy today and pick up some things that need to be replenished and maybe run by my Mother's for a quick stop.  I haven't seen her in probably two months.  I really can't tell you why but she gets a little off when I show up and it's better for her and me if I keep those visits few and far between.  However she has started complaining to others I don't ever come by.  It's a sad situation.  I am not looking forward to it.

Happy Trails

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

112 up here today. NOT fun!

CenTexTim said...

Plus the humidity... it's almost as bad as living in Houston.

Randy said...

@Old NFO-No, I hope I don't ever see that temp again.

@CenTexTim-YEs, the humidity is like wearing a wet blanket while out walking the dogs in the early AM. But Houston, no way I could live there