Sunday, June 4, 2023

Unbelievable

I admit I don't understand all this debt limit issue with the budget.  I held out hope that the Freedom Caucus could put enough pressure on Speaker McCarthy and the rest of the RINOs to hold out for more spending cuts and in fact, add no more debt.  But alas, the taxpayer takes it in the throat again.  The uniparty is alive and well.  It still is to be seen if the Freedom Caucus will punish McCarthy.  They have that new rule that only one member can initiate a call to remove him from the Speaker office.  If they don't, that rule they negotiated and every other concession McCarthy made to get the Speakers role is meaningless.  

On another note, I went to get a couple new tires for 'K's CR-V.  The current tires are 9 years old(one is 7 years old).  We don't drive it far.  It may not be driven for a week or more at times.  Being a front wheel drive and me not keeping up with the rotation, the two on the front were in need of replacement badly.  So I headed over to Discount Tire to get a pair.  Four were going to be just too much $$ at the moment.  After their inspection they found something I missed.  One of the rear had severe dry rot.  Ugh.  After some discussion I left with 4 new tires.  Just over double what I paid for the ones I replaced, exact same tire.  From 450 for four to 990.  Ouch.  And I really need to replace three on our other vehicle.  

I could let the other vehicle wait a while longer and they are still serviceable.  However, we have committed to a vacation road trip with Son#1 and his family in late October.  I really want better tires for that trip than these with 35K miles on them,  I never liked these tires anyway.  So around early October I may be replacing them too.  I just want a vacation that is a little less worry free.

We had a quick violent storm Friday night.  Lots of loud thunder and lightning.  Must have been some very high winds.  There were a lot of fresh oak leave all over the yard.  That is usually a sign of hail/high winds.  I do not believe any hail fell thankfully.  but the high wind was enough to knock that very big limb down that I have been ben concerned about.  It had broken during the big ice storm we had a few months ago and I could not reach it.  One less thing to be concerned about.  It could have easily gone through a window on that side of the house.  It is now firewood.  I will still need to hire someone this fall to cut back the many limbs that hang over my roof.  

Happy Trails


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep, tires have gone UP! And yes, the weather has been a 'bit' weird, thanks to El Nino...