Monday, April 10, 2023

On The Roof Again

Sunday with the family was good.  Mom was a no show.  When 'K' spoke to her Saturday she said she had no recollection of saying she would come.  She was too tired to come.  

Trying to catch up on yard work is the constant theme this time of year.  Most of it is centered on raking and bagging a bajillion oak leaves.  I usually let them lay and hit them with the mower.  However, they are so thick and there is little to no grass after the brutal Summer and the 3 days of ice earlier this year.  I just had to get down a little further so I can plant some grass seed on the bare patches.  'K' loves to rake and bag leaves, it relaxes her she says.  Well OK don't let me stop you.  Yes I help but she really does a lot of it.  The big pile of firewood I got from all the broken limbs from the ice storm is finally making it's way to the back yard next to the other pile.  I have easily filled one of those 4' wood racks and could fill another 2.  This wood will need to cure before it's useable for fires or BBQ.  I had to climb up on the roof and remove the oak leaves and tassels from the roof valleys.  They get so full they can back up rain water under the shingles.  I don't want that again.  The tassels block the gutter covers and become useless.  It's not an easy thing to do for a wore out 70 year old to climb up on that roof.

Not much else going on...yet.

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yep, spring maintenance, especially at our age, becomes a PITA literally. Stay safe!

Randy said...

Old NFO: Ain't it the truth