Monday, December 26, 2022

Back to Normal?

Hope y'all had a great Christmas.  The kids came over Christmas Eve as usual.  We ate wings.  They seem to be very popular with everyone and we don't have to worry about the one that doesn't like beef.  We make a lot of wings and we did it in the oven since it was to cold for me to grill them.  They must still be pretty good the way they got scarfed down.  We use the Party Wings from Costco.  We made 5 packages, I am just guessing that there is about 1 lb in each.  The number of wings vary due to size.  The ladies can hold their own in matching the guys on how many get eaten.  There were only 5-6 wings left over and I got those for lunch the next day.  We really need to expand our menu and come up with something else next year.  

There was no need to call the plumber for my clogged toilet.  You Tube University solved the problem.  I checked there in case there were some other tricks I didn't know.  And of course there were multiple.  Fist off, I found out I was using the plunger wrong of all things.  It has to be angled in and then a tight seal formed and short strokes.  That way it works in both directions with a suction and pushing.  But the main thing was using Dawn dish soap of all things.  It cuts the clog down like it would grease.  About a cup and then let it sit about an hour.  Sometimes you don't even need to plunge.  I did and it cleared out really quick.  I am still amazed at the long list of things Dawn can be used for other than it's intended use.  I may make a list and post it hear but I know I would miss some.  

The hard cold snap is finally over here in my part of the woods.  No precipitation which made it more tolerable.  Just unusual cold for a longer than normal time.  That's three years in a row.  I have never seen that in all my years.  Climate change, global warming...I can't say what I really feel.  I saw the Gov of New York blaming the latest national cold wave on 'climate change'.  They use that word now instead of Global Warming to not sound even stupider than they do.  It's all part of their agenda to make life harder for all of us.  If you believe something else, I don't care, just don't bring it here and we are good.

I am heading out to clear the dead tomato plants out of the garden.  The cold finally did them in.  I cleared all the tomatoes that had any amount of red/orange color and we have more than I would have guessed.  The bushes will go over the fence for the deer to eat.  They seem to love them and any tomatoes I toss.  Sometime this week I need to make it back to my Mother's to shut of the water I dripped at her faucets outside.  The dogs will also be happy to get back out walking today.  

In case I don't post again, Y'all have a Happy New Year.  

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Glad it went well, and yes, Happy New Year!

Randy said...

Thank YOu