Monday, December 19, 2022

Christmas is Upon Us

I have gotten all my Christmas shopping done.  Just a couple deliveries I am waiting on.  Not a big deal.  I only shopped for 'K' this year, which is true most every year.  No special leather projects for anyone either.  The last thing on the list is getting the house squared away for our family Christmas Eve gathering.  'K' hasn't said a thing about it to me this year.  Usually we discuss the menu as I may have to cook most of it or at least the meats.  This year...crickets.  I will not ask either.  I guess I will let her surprise me.  I may regret that.  Maybe I will ask when I finish here.  I don't like those type of surprises.

I am dealing with a stopped up drain line this morning.  It's not the main drain line thankfully.  It's the toilet and it seems to be isolated.  Plunge plunge plunge....hot water hot water hot water.  Little to no movement.  I have a tool that is supposed to clean out a toilet but I can't seem to get it past the bend.  I feel nothing up to that point I just feel it scraping around the porcelain.  It needs to make one more turn.  UGH.  So my day will be dealing with that until it opens.  After that the plumber will be called.  

I am doing some minor preparations for a coming arctic front that will send temps well below freezing.  They expect several days where temps will not rise above freezing.  I have had my fill of that type weather over the last couple years.  We have had more than usual.  They don't predict any snow or ice this time thankfully.  It's hard for us Texans to function with that added to the mix.  

Where has the year gone?  It seems to have zipped by faster this year for some reason.  They always seem to flash by but this one was even faster.  This coming year I turn 70.  My Mother says I will 'officially' be old and I won't care about being old.  I thought I was old way before that.  At least my body's aches and pains tell me I'm old.  I feel cheated then.  

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yeah, gotta love that 'globull' warming... Good luck with the toilet, get a plumber sooner rather than later!