Monday, December 12, 2022

Housebound

Things have been pretty quiet around here the last week.  Various illnesses seem to be making their rounds too.  I came down with what I think was a cold and was pretty much housebound and immobile since Wednesday.  I thought it best to stay home from church even.  Still have a lot of residual issues but feel fine.  We had to say no to the youngest Granddaughter coming for a couple days.  This has been probably one of the longest stretches we have not had her, since before Thanksgiving.  We had a family Christmas 'party' scheduled for this past Saturday.  It got cancelled due the the host's kids coming down with something.  I would not have gone anyway.  I hope to get out some this week but it seems the weather is interrupting that idea.  It's damp and foggy here and will be to start tomorrow too.  It just isn't a good thing to take the dogs out in.  Their legs are so short that they get pretty messy if there is any dampness at all on the streets.  Since they are mostly inside dogs, puppy tracks become a problem.

I hope to get over to see my Mother this week.  I haven't been in some time.  She has been down in her back and hasn't wanted visitors at all.  I think it's been almost two months since I have seen her.  Even her girl 'K' hasn't been by much since she was sick for several weeks.  We really need to get over and see how she is faring.  She has hired her house cleaner for two days to help out with things around the house.  That relieves a lot of pressure in her mind about several things.  

I won't ramble on today.  I am bereft of any thought process this last week.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep, cold/wet/nasty up here too... I only get out when I have to...