Monday, November 21, 2022

Got the Slows this Morning

Weather here has been much colder than usual for this part of Texas.  And it has lasted much longer too.  We usually get about 3 days of cold weather then it returns to normal.  Not this time.  We are entering our second week of below normal temps.  Below normal by as much as 25*.  Plus we have some strong winds along with it at times.  Today it's wet on top of that.  I really don't mind it after the Summer we had.  

The dogs hate it.  I have not walked them for a full week.  And if it doesn't dry up some they won't get their walk today either.  They are going a little stir crazy.  Every time I stand up they swarm me thinking it's time to walk.  I don't mind walking them in cold weather unless the wind is pretty sharp or it's wet.  It has been that way for a while now.  It never got above 39* yesterday which is unheard of without it being a deep into winter storm.

'K' is still down with her respiratory crud.  It kept us home from church.  Yesterday her throat started hurting again.  She's into 3 weeks of this.  Last night my throat started getting scratchy and other parts were acting like I was coming down with something.  This morning I seem to be OK except for some exception tiredness. It's amazing that I haven't caught it from her.  A lot of close friends have got this same bug too.  We are hoping this won't affect our Tgiving plans.  Son #1 and his family will be here.  Son #2 and his family have traveled to visit the in-laws in Arizona and my Mom refuses to get out even if I come get her.  So it will be a shorter than usual time too since Son #1 will have to head to the in-laws after us for an evening meal.

I slept much longer this morning by 2 hours.  Wish that was a regular thing.  I know I don't get enough sleep.  6-7 hours of fitful sleep is the usual with 5 being more common.  That's not good.  I have some serious lethargy today.

I hope all y'all have a great Thanksgiving this year.  

Happy Trails Too.


2 comments:

Old NFO said...

It finally warmed up a 'bit' here this morning. I think we're in for a long, cold winter again... sigh Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!!!

Randy said...

@Old NFO-Thank you and it is still cold and raining. I'll take the rain though