Monday, September 19, 2022

More Heat

It seems this whole next week will be more of the same old heat we have endured all Summer (I typed Simmer at first lol).  It will include significant humidity also.  I come in from my pre-dawn walk pretty wet with sweat.  The dogs are pretty warm too, especially Maggie.  It's the humidity.  Her furry fluff makes her pretty warm.  They both get ice chips as soon as we get home.  'K' thought of that and they really like it.  They plop on the cool tile and she feeds them to them LOL.  What a life.  Feed me ice chips and tell me I'm pretty.

Our first choice of dog sitters for the up coming road trip has nixed the idea.  We had indications that it would go that way.  One of them doesn't care for Maggie.  No idea why.  I have gotten word that most all kennels in the area are full up for months.  I don't know, we have never used one and don't really like the idea at all.  Lo and behold a good friend that lives in the neighborhood has offered.  She actually does dog sitting.  We will go with her.  It will be better for the pups to be able to stay in their own home.

I have started some of my Fall Honey-do list.  I tried this morning on another one but my pressure washer would not start.  It may have to wait a few more days.  My neck and shoulder issues have been very prominent the last couple days.  Not sure what set it off this time but it's not good.  It makes it hard to hand crank that motor and it has always been hard to crank.  It has a lot more compression than any other I have had.

We did stop in and get some CBD oil.  It seems to help some but we are still working out the dosage.  Apparently with my neck it isn't enough.  We shall see.


Happy Trails

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yep, kennels/sitters are getting weird, AND expensive!!!

Matt B said...

Pressure washers start easier if you tie the pressure trigger open so that you are not trying to start the washer and compress the water at the same time. Just don't point the wand any where important!! Or get someone to hold the wand with trigger depressed while you start it.Good luck!!

Randy said...

Old NFO-never used one and hopefully never will, I don't really trust strangers with my pups.

Randy said...

Matt B-Thanks, but I didn't have it connected anyway. Evidently it was flooded but I got it running.