Thursday, December 23, 2021

The Day Before Christmas Eve

Today we are cleaning house and I will begin preps for cheese enchiladas.  I will make the sauce, the Mexican Rice, cut onions and grate two pounds of cheese.  The enchiladas themselves will be assembled and cooked on Christmas Eve.  Everything else will just need to be heated.  Less work for us and more time to enjoy the family.  

The only thing that bugs me is my Mom is not coming, again.  Too far, too late, too uncomfortable driving etc.  She won't let anyone come get her and then take her home.  She says it would spoil it for everyone to have to do that.  It would be inconvenient but if I could convince her to come, I would do it.  She is 88 now and is getting less and less likely to get out much.  She says she is not sad about it, but I told her I am.  We will see her Christmas day.  She will go to Son #2's home to see the little one open her gifts from Santa.  We will be there too, so there's that.

In closing out this post, I want to take a moment to wish all that come by here to see what I am up to, a very Merry Christmas.  I hope you and yours have the best one ever.  I truly appreciate the 4-5 of you that do come by even though you may never speak up.  I see you looking in from time to time lol.  And especially you OLD NFO, you've been here from the beginning and almost always comment, I consider you a compatriot and friend.  

Happy Trails


4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours my friend! Take what you can get and enjoy it!

MattB said...

Merry Christmas Randy and family!!

Jeb Texas said...

It's just darned good to see decent folks online. Does my heart good. Merry Christmas to you & yours!

Randy said...

OLD NFO-Thank you sir, you know I will.

MattB-Thank you sir, Hope yours was great too.

Jeb Texas-Wow, thank you. You have no idea what your comment means to me. Does my heart good too. All the best to you and yours too.