Monday, December 6, 2021

Crazy Weather

We have had warm humid days for the last week.  That all changes today.  A cold front has already hit this morning and has dropped the temps 12* along with the 90% humidity.  As I write this it is now 63%.  And the wind has really picked up.  I was getting ready to head out with Snickers to get a walk in when I got a weather alert about showers in my area.  So the walk has been postponed at least until the showers move out if not cancelled altogether.  We still have not had our first frost.  It doesn't look like we will with this front either.  I planted a couple tomato plants back in April, I am still harvesting a few tomatoes every 3-5 days along with a couple cherry tomatoes.  They are small but nice to have.  The plants aren't looking all that great but I am letting them stay until the freeze kills them or there are no more green tomatoes on the vines.  

'K' just left to head to my Mom's.  She will stay the night this time.  She has gone over to set up her Christmas decorations.  Mom loves them but won't do it as it's too much work for just one person living there.  This is right up 'K's alley.  She loves to decorate and is really good at it.  She also loves doing things like that for other people but especially my Mom.  The surprising thing is that Mom will let her do that.  'K' offers to do things for her all the time and is turned down most of the time.  It frustrates 'K.'  She really wants to do these things, it's not lip service.  But Mom has her own rationale with letting folks help her.  

So I am home batching it.  I have nothing on the radar.  I will most likely make a loaf of bread today.  We do need to head to HEB for some groceries too.  But I may wait until 'K' gets back.  We like going together.  Her not being here will also allow me to cook and eat sausage and sauer kraut with potatoes and onions.  Since 'K' won't eat my wonderful concoction I usually only make enough for one meal.  Not today, there will be leftovers.  I will also try using jalapeno/cheddar sausage.  Now I just need to remember to feed Snickers lol.  

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Sigh... Spent the week with the kids in NorCal. It was warmer up there than it was here...

Randy said...

Wow, and it is very warm here again on Thursday. Supposed to be in the 30\s Sunday morning. We shall see.