Monday, July 26, 2021

Just Messing Around Today

Not much going on here today for a change.  The Granddaughter is here after a long absence out in Arizona.  We are just waiting for Tuesday and the promise of the contractor returning to place baseboards and get this thing finished. Then we will finally be able to move all the furniture back against walls and get all 'K's' decor placed.  I just hope it goes smoothly with no hiccups.  But it is a subcontractor and I have little confidence all will go well...if they show up.  If I don't hear from our project manger by noon today I will text him to verify they will still come out Tuesday.  I've got a doctor appointment that day too.

After all that is done we have no real plans for anything.  We have not been confident when things would get finished so no future plans were made.  I have started my yearly tree trimming.  This would be for all the suckers on the trunks of the oak trees that make them look unkempt.  'K' says they look like they need a shave.  That will take me several days, the trees not me shaving.

We had a couple contractors come out to give an estimate on gutters.  We never really needed them, or so I thought.  Our siding on the back side of the garage has been a victim of my neglect.  So it will get gutters, front and back and along the patio where we walk under.  I also decided to place it across the front of the house.  I was undecided at first since we have so many oak leaves that pile up in the valleys of the roof.  They have a built in screen system that may help alleviate clogging the gutters with leaves.  I have my doubts.  But 'K' wanted them due to one valley dumping a lot of water right onto the sidewalk by the front door/porch.  They can't start until Sept. 1.  They have supply problems also.  Aluminum is in short supply it seems along with everything else.

Have you been out to eat an any restaurants the last month or so?  Has the service pretty much been bad?  It seems the shortage of workers is really taking it's toll here.  It takes longer than usual to get seated at some restaurants due to lack of wait staff.  Some have less cooks so food comes out slow.  It doesn't seem there is much incentive to go back to work either.  Something has to give eventually.  

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Definitely do the leaf guards on the gutters! They work!!! Yes, service is slower, but I think part of that is due to short staffing...