Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Packages

We are getting packages.  Every day a package arrives.  None are things I have ordered since over a week ago.  My shopping/ordering is done.  'K' evidently does it piecemeal.  There have been packages arriving from her ordering gifts almost every day since I quit.  Then if she doesn't have something coming in we have something arriving from the boys.  One is hiding his wife's gift at our house.  The other wasn't going to be home when his was scheduled.  (we have a lot of package theft from porches here.)  Since we are home most of the time we are able to get the package off the porch almost immediately.  You can't let those thing sit too long as some jack wagon follow the delivery trucks around and pick up what they left almost immediately in some cases.  

I tried to get the packages for 'K' wrapped while she went to pickup the baby.  I had to stay due to UPS coming to pick up a return for one of the boys.  They couldn't tell us when that would be.  Back to the wrapping, well attempt at wrapping.  Admittedly I do a disastrous job wrapping.  I mean it looks like a three year old did it.  For years I resorted to just using newspaper to wrap her gifts.  I hated to use her wrapping paper and waste so much of it.  My biggest issue is sizing the paper to fit the package.  I always, always, use too much or so little I leave gaps.  I don't understand how someone that is pretty meticulous about the way things are done can turn out something so ugly and visibly revolting.  This year, she walked in on the very last package I was wrapping and asked if I had enough paper.  She could tell from the other room.  I just put it in her hands to wrap that last package.  I knew I had messed it  up and she would have to cut more paper.  Nope, she made it fit perfectly and looked professional.  How?  No idea, I bow to the master.  I hate wrapping packages.  SMH

And we struck out on another dog rescue.  The owners reclaimed it.  That makes 8.

Happy Trails


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

I used to save the comics. Cheaper than buying wrapping paper, and if nothing else, it gave the kids something to read when they shook the packages. Sorry to hear no joy on the pups.