Monday, December 14, 2020

Monday December 14

The significance of this day does not escape me.  The Electoral College meets (virtually) to cast ballots for President.  I don't expect any surprises.  All other efforts to prove the election was stolen have failed.  Unless there is something we are all missing Joe Biden will become our next President.  I pray for our country.  Personally I don't believe he will finish the term.  That is even more frightening.  Yes I pray for Biden too.  

On to more pleasant things.

We will head over to New Braunfels this morning.  We have some gifts to deliver to a family in need.  It is a single parent household (father) with two young sons.  The younger has diabetes, I am guessing it is type I, and the older has been diagnosed with a stage 4 cancer, I don't remember what type.  The Dad was struggling to come up with enough money just to start treatment that may extend his son's life.  We just want them to have a little better Christmas in the face of this.  Gifts the boys may want and a little help for Dad.  Our efforts are miniscule but I do know it is appreciated.  We try to do this as anonymously as possible.  We want no credit.  It hurts me deeply when I see kids struggle with life threatening diseases.  So I choose to do this willingly.  They have been on my mind and in my prayers a lot lately.  If you could take the time to say a prayer for this family....

Not sure about the rest of the day.  It all depends on how I feel.  Aches and pains and lack of 'want to' will determine what else I try to tackle.  

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Every little bit helps. Thank you for stepping up.