Monday, October 26, 2020

Topping Off

We are topping off things we have run a little low on.  Made a big trip to the local grocer today as part of that.  Groceries are getting way too expensive.  Especially meats.  We had an extra large bill today.  We don't buy a lot of meat generally.  However the largest expense we had today was just that, meat.  We will make a top off trip to Costco for a few things also.  Most likely that will be Friday when the new sales start.  

In case you haven't been a regular visitor here to this blog, we are planning to be able to stay home without going out during and after the election.  I don't want to expose my family to any of the craziness I have seen some claim will happen.  Historically, this left wing city I live near and grew up in has never been the type that riots at the drop of hat.  That would include championship wins, or any other thing you see go on in other cities.  The local press has always trumpeted our restraint.  However that did change and I saw the first riots ever in my well over 60 years of living here.  It was disappointing to say the least.  Those were due to the so called Floyd protests.  

In defense, I would venture to say these were not locally raised dissidents that rioted 'peacefully.'  These folks were shipped in or have moved here in some of the mass exodus of other states.  It's amazing how many folks I have come across that have come here from that west coast hell hole.  The corridor from here to Austin is getting way to big and most of it is out of staters coming in.  Those are some of the fastest growing locales in the nation.  I saw one stat claiming they were receiving 120/day from california alone, for one county.  That just blows my mind.  It is getting to where I can hardly recognize my Texas any more.  

I had a little fender bender last Thursday.  My fault.  I was in a crowded parking lot and backed into someone in my blind spot.  No, damage, just a little paint scraped on mine and the other.  I guess those plastic bumpers are good for something.  No one was hurt.  I gave her my insurance and I am waiting to see of they make a claim for something like that.  My bad, I had a complete brain fart when it happened.  I didn't get all the information I needed from the other driver.  I didn't even remember to take a photo of our cars to protect myself from a false claim.  What a goof I am.  I am at their mercy for honesty.  My insurance company was very understanding and reassuring.  

The projects here have slowed to a dead stop.  I had hoped to be done with painting the exterior by now.  However, the exceptional weather we had been having has ended.  As I finish this up, the first real cold front is arriving.  The wind is starting to whip around out there.  It will be cold, windy and wet the next few days.  Hopefully after that I can get that painting done.

Please stay safe and VOTE!  We voted last Friday.  Long lines.  We got in line around 11:15 am.  Got to the desk where they verify you at 12:00.  Line moved pretty well.  The lady there told us they had had 7100 come through ahead of us.  WOW.  Record turnout I am sure.  I am seeing a lot of things this election I have never seen in 50 years of voting.  I think folks are realizing what is going on and understand how critical this election is.  It literally (I hate using that word but I did) will determine what the future of our country it to be, Constitution vs Anti-constitution.  I'll let you figure out what side is what.

Happy Trails

   

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Already voted, and yes, WAY TOO MANY Kalifornia transplants are showing up all over the state... Grrr... Staying in up here too.