Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Plans Change

A slight pause in the projects this week.  Weather has stalled the start of painting.  It is much too humid with occasional sprinkles of rain and this will continue for the foreseeable future.  Since things are on hold we got the wild idea to just go.  And by go I mean a road trip.  We first looked at Ruidosa, then Cloudcroft and thenPagosa Springs.  Couldn't find anything that would work for us as far as lodging.  The two best options advised using a 4 wheel drive or chains to access in inclement weather.  Neither of which we have.  Wehter changes qucikly in the mountains and the roads were dirt.  After that search, I suggested let's just head to the coast for the day and maybe stay overnight and head back the next day.  I checked the weather (I recommend this be done anytime you head to Padre Island), coastal flooding of the beach all the way to the dunes.  Well the beach is where we want to go so that died a quick death too.  Maybe next week we can do that.  The other longer trips would have been the last week of October or first week in November, then I realized I want to vote that week.  Just like the rest of the year our plans have been smashed.  Since all the places we have on our list are northish from us, weather in the winter and early spring is a major issue.  We don't drive snow and ice plus not having a vehicle for that....

I have been following the Hunter Biden scandal as best I can.  No major news media has picked it up.  Surprise surprise.  Plus I am still on a bit of a news blackout and I don't have cable.  I follow mostly on Twitter but that is getting heavily censored by the lefties that run it.  I can't imagine this going away quietly, unless the left wins the whitehouse.  I believe they are not above pardoning those shenanigans.  Then it will go away.  The media is complicit in this treason, but no one seems to be coming to the table to say 'this has to stop' much less 'Go to jail, go directly to jail, do not pass go'.  I am not even so sure the RINO's will do anything either if they win.  This is a travesty that may actually destroy our Republic.  I pray continuously that our country will turn back to God.  I have turned it over to Him.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Well, staying home has its own advantages... And smart move to check before you go. Weather is...changeable this time of year.