Sunday, July 26, 2020

Trying To Keep Busy

Admittedly I have more time on my hands these days with being quarantined and along with the hot weather.  We are half way through 'K's' self imposed 2 week quarantine due to her helping out at a memorial service.  The hot weather also keeps me inside more anyway so any outside chores just don't get done.  Well I did cut the grass a week or so ago.  It was at a critical stage.  It was high enough that it was tickling the thighs of our Granddaughter.  

With so much time I try to come up with some projects to keep me busy.  The cabinets in our kitchen were looking a little tired.  We had refinished them about 7-8 years ago and the 'shine' (polyurethane) had seen better days.  So I had a small can of and decided I would add a little to perk them up.  Then 'K' got involved.  I'm sure y'all can guess how that went.  She was cleaning them in preparation of me working on them and discovered the cabinet doors in front of the sink and nearest the dishwasher were in worse shape than I wanted to hear.  She said they needed more stain.  I didn't want to hear that and just wanted a quick touch up.  If she wanted more stain she could do it.  Well it turns out she was right.  The look a lot better and it really didn't take all that long since we didn't need to sand them down.  It wasn't that big of job but I felt like we accomplished something worthwhile.  Now all I have to do if figure out a project for this month....and not tell 'K' until I'm finished.

The hurricane (Hanna) we were hoping for some good rain was a bust for us.  Two quick showers with barely any measurable rain.  Was really hoping for some serious rain but it is not to be.  Generally July brings next to '0' rain, although we have had some serious storms in the past.  Sometimes August will be kinder and dump some on us toward the end of the month.  But it also generally brings even hotter temps.  Not complaining, it's just a fact of life here in this part of Texas.

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yep, be happy with ANY rain this time of year. Glad some things are getting done...

Randy said...

Old NFO-yes it is, we actually got one inch the day after this was posted.