Friday, July 24, 2020

A Couple Photos I Promised

I had forgotten to post photos of the cover I made for my new tablet and also what is going on in the photo above.  

The new Fire HD, the tablet I got, is a little bit larger than my old one so a new cover was in order.  

back side, a facsimile of the Seal of the Republic of Texas

                      
                                       

Front side, the shape of the Republic of Texas, before we became a state.
If you're not familiar with Texas history you may not recognize this as Texas.
As you can see it included a large portion of new Mexico, a bit of Colorado and a small slice of Wyoming.  Those parts were given up with annexation.

As for the cover photo for the blog.  That is yours truly and my lovely 'K'.  We had gone downtown for some rare reason and came across this shop where you could dress up and they would take your picture.  This was 1977 and 'K' was 3 months along with our first child.  We have another we made with both boys but we are in politically incorrect attire for that one.  I'm sure you can guess what that was.  

We are currently re staining some kitchen cabinet doors and then a coat of polyurethane.  For some reason the finish had dulled considerably and there was no remaining polyurethane.  Hopefully they will get dry before that tropical weather hits here Saturday.

Happy Trails

1 comment: