Monday, July 13, 2020

More Craziness

I hope this finds you well and safe from the Hung Flu.  We are doing our best to stay healthy.  At this point in our lives health is pretty much the main goal, although we never expected to have to deal with something like this.  

I know that opinions are strong and emotions high in regard to how to deal with this virus.  I see so much information out there and it all conflicts with everything else.  So it makes it hard to get a good read on what's true and what's not.  I have had to 'sleep' close friends on the book of faces because of their continued arguments about this virus.  While I agree with much of what they believe, some of it is just out there baiting others into an online debate.  I don't know why they do this, I can surmise but in the end all their posturing and arguments serve no purpose but to alienate and demean other that don't see it exactly as they do.  I know they have lost friends over this stupid issue.  What's the point, what does it matter if someone has a different opinion.  I think they really are not real sure about what they believe and they are doing the same as others, saying something long enough and loud enough to make others think it's the truth.  A lot of their opinions are internet memes they repost and take for fact.  It's just nuts.  So now even the little time I spend enjoying a few things on FB has been curtailed.  I don't need the insanity.   Who knows when this will all end.  Maybe November after the election, unless the one 'they' hate like no other gets re-elected.  Them we will have even more problems like we have never seen IMO.

I attended a meeting yesterday that I was conflicted about attending.  Let's just say my fears were confirmed and I find myself at a crossroads.  It may be time to relinquish my position and leave room for younger faces.  

We have been having issues with our WiFi.  Intermittent connections and maddeningly slow have been going on for a while.  I called the ISP and got them to send me a new modem and router as mine is pretty old.  That was three weeks ago or more.  I haven't even gotten the tracking number they said I would get.  We are two weeks past the date they said it would be here.  This morning, we have NO WiFi at all.  As soon as I finish this I will reset the modem and hope it gets it back in service.  I am currently on a wired connection, that is why I am still able to connect to the www.  This issue today is something new.  Maybe the WiFi had been going out and has now bit the big one.  There is a local office where I can exchange my equipment.  But if you have ever done that, you know lines are extremely long and I doubt the social distancing guidelines are followed, so I am avoiding doing that.

Anyway, I now have the Nugget in my lap wanting me to take her outside.  Her demands take precedence.  

OK, I'm back.  Just one more thing.  It is crazy hot here.  Yes, we live on the edge of a desert and we can expect it to get hot.  But this is rather unusual.  I live just at the Southern edge of what is known as the Texas Hill Country.  We are about  3-4 hundred feet higher than the highest spots in the big city to the South of us.  So our temps can be a  little different than what is recorded there.  Generally we are 4-5 degrees cooler in all seasons.  This Summer at our place, we have experienced almost identical temps of the city.  For the last 3 days we have hit 103 when we rarely ever hit 100.  Today it is supposed to be even hotter with predictions of 105-107.  OK, I know, it's not Arizona hot or even Dallas hot with their crazy highs and even higher humidity.  The one  thing that makes this a little more bearable is the humidity has been uncharacteristically low.  It has been in the 20-30% range during the hottest times.  Although in the mornings it is generally 80% making my morning walks take a break for a while, not to mention the Africa dust is still here and making me have issues when I stay out too long. 

What a crazy freaking year with still half of it left to go.  I expect even more crazy before this is all over.  Keep your powder dry come November.

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

I want a new version of 2020, NOT happy with the current one... ISPs are having problems, no question. And parts are in short supply too! Stay safe and take care of yourselves. Let the screeching harpies on both sides fight it out among themselves... LOL

Randy said...

Old NFO-ditto