Thursday, March 14, 2019

Tax Man etc.

K got her surgery scheduled for mid-June.  She wanted it done then as she plans to help out with the new Granddaughter when Mom goes back to work(teaching).  By then she will be out of school and be around for that.  I will be glad when she is out of pain.  However, the recovery is long.  Off her foot for 6-8 weeks and then rehabbing it.  I have a feeling this will be very painful.  The doctor said that it won't be that bad.  Yeah, OK.

We had to give Buster another bath.  Since the temps have warmed considerably it was a good time.  He just stank pretty bad.  This is his third bath in as many months where we usually gave him one or two a year.  He never had a bad smell problem before, but now that he is older and less mobil, he stinks.  The wife thinks it's just an age related thing.  As I age I hope I don't smell like that lol.

We cut cable TV off a little while back, end of December or early January.  Not sure when.  I am surprised at how I don't miss it.  We are able to access quite a few shows that we watched regularly through apps from the networks (NBC/ABC) that allow us to watch them.  However CBS wants $$ to use theirs.  Not even.  There is also a Discovery Go app that we can watch those we liked on that channel.  Oh, they are free.  All we need now is for NatGeo, History and Animal Planet to get apps.  Oh and K would add HGTV.  Saving quite a bit by dropping cable is a good thing so far.

We have an appointment with our CPA/Tax Man today.  This may be the last year we use him  Since K had little to no business anymore, I am confident I can do our taxes again.  With the large amount of med bills we paid this past year we were hoping to not pay again this year.  However, from what he has told me in casual conversation, that our standard deduction is so high now, we won't have enough to claim.  I just hope we don't have to pay.

We have to hurry home from that appointment as I have the AC repair man coming later that afternoon.  I tried to get the AC running but was only getting warm air, like the heater was still on and no cool air at all.  I tried this several times after completely shutting down the AC, hoping it would 'reset' itself.  No luck.  SMH, this will be the 5th or 6th time we have had to have them come out over the last few years.  Too many times for an AC we installed only 8 years ago.  All repairs were covered until last year when our warranty changed.  They will also give it the annual check up at the same time.  I expect the bill to be much too high.  I'm beginning to think the brand AC they sold us is a lemon.  Yes, it's warm enough right now for AC, mid 80's.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad she's going to do it. And good luck with the AC, I had to change mine last year. Sigh