Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Catching Up and a Quick Observation

It has been a busy few days.  I will try to catch up with a few things.  Saturday we had a family get together at Son#1's home.  We are trying to do this once a quarter.  Nothing fancy just get together and share a meal and visit.  The new Granddaughter of course stole the show.  I hadn't seen her in over a month so got her first.  The best was seeing how my oldest Granddaughter is attached to her.  She holds and rocks her just like she is her Mother.  When my Mother was holding her she got upset for a little while and my older Granddaughter really wanted to take her and calm her down.  I could see her frustration growing.  It was cute.

I spent most of Monday trying to catch up on some yard work.  All of it was in the back of the house.  I cut the yard and worked on getting all the weeds and grass out of the garden, trying to get it ready to plant.  I really hate pulling weeds.  I didn't cover it with the black plastic I usually do to keep the grass out.  I paid the price.  I was pretty stiff in the knees and back afterward.  I still need to weedeat, but I have to get the thing running.  I was out of 2 stroke oil so I will head to Home Depot today and get that and refill the gas cans that our now empty.  I hope it starts with fresh fuel and not be stubborn.  The grass has gone crazy where I can't reach with the mower.  It looks really bad.

I have started my exercise again.  It's later than I had planned since the weather has not been cooperating.  It's still pretty cool in the mornings but has warmed to the mid 60's during the day.  Perfect for exercise and yard work, so I am trying to make the most of it.

An Observation: I have been watching the news about the shooting down in New Zealand and all the accusations being thrown around on who caused it.  Chelsea Clinton seems to be the latest to blame about some comments she made.  That surprised me, I guess they are eating their own now.  Deservedly so.  This news about this shooting seems to be lingering longer than usual.  I assume it is because it's muslims that got killed and they can point out how horrible everyone not a muslim is.  That shooting in a church in (I think it was Nashville a couple years ago) only got a couple days coverage.  It seemed to die out quickly when they found out the shooter was a muslim.  The press is complicit in the dividing of our nation.  But this isn't a surprise to most people that have some gray matter.

Happy Trails....and watch your 6


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

I gave up on gardening for two reasons, I can't bend, and I have a black thumb... sigh... Re the NZ shooting, interesting how much coverage it's gotten vs. the LACK of coverage of the church bombing in the Philippines by the muslims.