Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Put 'em To Work

The Grandkids.  They are coming over today.  Just for the day this time, no overnite like we usually do.  The Granddaughter asked to come whenever we (K) was going to decorate for Christmas.  The Grandson always goes where big sister goes, so he is coming too.  I think they think they are just decorating the Christmas tree.  They have no idea what's in store.  While the tree is the main focus, I don't think she realizes how much 'other' decorating that K does for this.  She does a fantastic job and I actually hate to see it put away it is so great.  She will spend almost all day on decorating the inside.  I make myself scarce.  I had in the past put lights on the outside of the house along the roof eaves.  I think that has has ended for me.  It's getting pretty hard for me to get up that high and try to reach the upper peaks.  Last year was a no go.  The trees in our yard also block almost all of the lights I put on the house from being seen at all.  So I will hang a few from the a couple trees out front where they can at least be seen.  Nothing major, just a couple strands of lights.  I will take the Grandson out to help with that, holding the ladder and handing me things, maybe even get him on the ladder a little.  He's gotta start somewhere...amiright?

I will grill some burgers for sliders for lunch using some of the venison we got a couple weeks ago.  They really like those, so Poppy will oblige.  Yeah, I'm Poppy.  So this will be another very busy day trying to get all this done before we have to meet their Mom late afternoon.  Then it's off to the church house this evening as I have to open/close.

Happy Trails


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Looking forward to the pics after it's all done! :-)