Friday, November 23, 2018

TG Results

Our Thanksgiving meal etc. went off without a hitch.  Although Mom was getting very tired and was ready to leave earlier than we would have liked.  Generally this isn't much of an issue, however, Son#2 brought them out so they wouldn't have to drive that far.  That meant they left much earlier than they had planned.  They usually stay the latest.  Son #1 had to head to his in-laws about that time. 

Everyone was in agreement that the Turkey from here on out should be smoked by yours truly.  That made me feel pretty good since I wasn't sure how it would turn out.

Before and After.



I did not add any seasoning, just chunks of butter stuffed inside and rubbed on the outside and sprinkled with kosher salt.  Then smoked on the pit for 7 hours, and finished off in the oven for one hour to insure the meat deep inside was done enough.  Almost 17 pounds of goodness right there.

We spent a little time singing some hymns, everyone picked their favorites.  I had to lead, which I never do, I usually sing bass.  So I got off key a few times.  Just powered on through LOL.  I asked my Grandson (8 years old) which was his favorite since he didn't pick one earlier.  He picked and he and I sang it together since we had only 2 books that had that song in it.  The Battle Belongs to the Lord.  He wasn't shy about singing and he came and sat with me and we did OK.  His Mom videoed it and I will treasure that.  NO! You ain't seeing it (mostly the hearing it LOL).  

Hope yours went well also.  Today we will just chill here at home.  Next week I have to get into the washing machine and see if I can fix the leak.  I have been putting it off much too long.  

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad it came off okay! Finishing the last of the turkey today, yea! :-)