Saturday, August 11, 2018

Pistol Update and Leather

I had a Taurus 9MM semi auto pistol that was part of a recall lawsuit.  The were supposed to either fix it for you or refund most of the original cost.  I sent mine in back in January for a refund.  I liked the way the thing fit my hand but I couldn't hit anything with it.  Never had the type issues with any other handgun like that one.  At 3yds I couldn't hit the center circle.  It would hit at least 6-8" low, at 3yds.  No, the sights were not adjustable.  However, the 3 inch barrel was loose when you took the slide off or racked it back.  I mean really loose.  I don't know if that was the problem for my lack of accuracy, but I couldn't count on it and I wanted it for a carry gun.  So when this recall came about I took advantage.  All that to say, that the refund finally came.  Not enough to get a replacement firearm, so it will go to savings until something comes along I can't live without.

I am working on some small leather pieces for and 4 hour show that K has signed up for.  Nothing big but I am trying something new.  


I guess you could use it for a paperweight.  Yes, there is a real horse shoe in there.  It was a bit more difficult to get the fit right than I thought it would be.  I will make a couple more along with some key fobs and leather cuffs for kids.



A bit fixated on horses apparently.  I have others in mind like dogs/cats too.  I can only make some cheaper things for this type show since there may be a lot of kids shopping too.  I don't want to drain their entire piggy bank.

I got part of the garden weeded out and two new tomato plants are in the ground.  There is room for more but I want to save room for some onions.  I just have to remember to get off my butt and go find some in October.  

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Those look NICE! Excellent work!