Monday, August 20, 2018

Downer

I know, I haven't been diligent about posting.  I could make excuses but I won't.  Truth be told, I didn't really even think about posting for a couple days or more.  I find less and less to write about these days, especially since I try not to write about the 'news'  I have in the past, but there are so many others that do a much better job than I, and some of you visit those folks anyway and I generally have the same or similar opinions as those.  So you don't really need or want me just being an echo of what you already know/read.  Consequently I find myself considering not continuing with the blog.  I will most likely start posting less and less.  Yes, I realize it will kill readership numbers even more.  But I will continue posting significant updates as they happen.  I have said this before, I know.  I just feel it is my duty to show respect to those that do come by occasionally to let them know what's up.  I know that the blogs I follow and then they go dormant, I wonder what happened.  I won't do that.

As far as my back/neck issues, I didn't have to pay a single dime for the MRI.  I am very thankful for that.  Hopefully the doc will be able to determine the best course of treatment and provide some relief.  I will find out Tuesday.  He said that he will most likely try out some sort of traction machine.  I'm game, it actually can't happen soon enough.  Early Monday morning was one of the worst times, being awakened with severe pain-all over.  I jacked around with the settings on my sleep number bed and I evidently paid the price.  I won't be doing that again.  After some tylenol and some ice I am much better.

There has been a lot more going on that I just can't put down on this blog for various reasons.  Some too personal and frankly I just forgot one I had planned.  Part of the reason for the forgetfulness was all the personal things that got in the way.

It's hot a dry here and the landscape is suffering pretty bad.  I skipped my water day since we had a small amount of rain.  That was a mistake.  As hot as it has been, that little rain was baked out pretty quickly and it is still 3 days before I can water.  And we are under heat advisories constantly.  Some of my parched grass has been lost.  Hopefully relief comes soon with cooler temps, if not rain, in a couple weeks.

My fur buddy, Buster, continues to decline.  He doesn't have a lot of strength in his legs and can fall easily on uneven ground or slipping and just having a leg give out.  But he carries on and seems pretty happy and he is aware of his limitations.  We keep a watch on his quality of life.  We try hard to make things easy on him, he deserves it.

Hopefully I can have some cheerful posts in the future.  I hate being a downer.

Happy Trails.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Do what you can, or want to. We'll be around. And we do worry when there is nothing for a while. Don't feel bad, the ONLY thing living in my yard are the @#%^* weeds!!!

Randy said...

OLD NFO-Thank you sir.