Wednesday, August 8, 2018

My Mind...

I now have this nice new lawn ornament in my backyard. 


You can also see the original septic tank hatch, in two pieces at the top of the photo.  All I have to do is try to keep from running over it with my lawn tractor.  This really is out of the way anyway, so it won't be something anyone will see when they are looking out the window or even when on the patio.  We could try to paint it to make it blend in or something else.  I was thinking, make it look like a mouth with giant monster teeth to scare the Grandkids and give them nightmares.  Yes, I'm bad.

The sun has made toast of half my tomato plants and I have removed them.  I am now down to three.  Two of those don't look real good either.  One looks great but it produced very little fruit.  I will plant some onions come October.  Most likely the 1015 variety.  The 1015 comes from the date you are supposed to plant them, October 15.  I am not sure what I am going to do about adding anymore tomato plants for fall.  I haven't been very successful with them in the past.  We shall ponder that one a little more.

We also found out that the 'on the way' Grandchild will be another Granddaughter.  They also did some sort of genetic testing to determine if there were any abnormalities possible.  Everything seems to be fine.  I didn't know they did things like this but it doesn't surprise me.  

I had more for this post, but the call about the new Grand came while I was composing this, and it has blown apart what little grey matter I had and now the other things have been lost.  

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

FWIW, I think you went the right way. We're too old to do that manual labor anymore! And another grand to spoil!!! :-)

Randy said...

Old NFO-totally agreed