Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Respite

It has been much cooler here the last few days.  There have been scattered showers over much of the area and cloud cover.  So we have only been getting into the low 90's at the most.  However with the showers there is much more humidity.  We got 1.3 inches or rain yesterday, a little more than a shower and I am grateful for that and so is my landscape.  This should continue for the next day or so. 

I haven't lost anymore tomatoes to the squirrels but have to bugs.  We spread grated up Irish Spring soap bars throughout the garden.  It is something the wife found on google.  Not sure why I have so much bug loss this year.  I can assume that is a risk I take going fully organic.  No bug poisons are used.  The only thing I use is liquid seaweed.  It seems to have worked in the past.  This year, not so much.  Maybe I was just lucky in the past is what I really think.  I will need to look into other measures for the next garden.  Some sort of plant that might deter bugs etc.  I remember Marigolds had some sort of effect.  I will have to look that up.

I haven't been sleeping well at all.  My back has been acting up lately.  Not real sure what has set it off.  I suspect it is the small amount of leather work I have been doing.  It is the only thing that is different that I have been doing.  Although the bench at church seems to aggravate my neck.  I think it is a combination.  After about 5 hours sleep the pain is just enough to keep me awake.  I eventually get up in order to keep my flopping around from waking my bride.  Ibuprofen is my friend, but I try not to take it constantly.  But I may be more regular about it until things settle down with whatever is going on with my back.  Oh, don't get me wrong, the pain is tolerable and doesn't keep me from doing things, it's just a constant nuisance.  Maybe a couple days off from leather work will help too.

I was talking to my brother the other day about our parents and especially my Mom.  She seems so stressed out every time I see her.  There is one particular issue lately that has her on edge.  It involves a piece of property is all I can say.  My brother had the idea to buy it from her and relieve her of the problems that come with it.  I thought it was a great idea but had little hope that Mom would bite.  I was right.  She doesn't want either of us to have to deal with the problems.  I admire that but we are better equipped to deal with that at this point than she is, especially my brother.  He told me that his idea upset her so much he was sorry he mentioned it.  SMH.  Doesn't surprise me at all.

My little buddy that was supposed to move with his family to South Carolina was supposed to leave over a week ago.  I know they didn't but not sure why.  They were staying with some friends until they could leave.  The tropical storm was one reason that held them up as it was crossing their route in Louisiana.  We still haven't heard it they left or not.  The Mom had been stressing out big time over this move and had been having some real issues with getting things done.  It almost seemed like she didn't want to go.  We are trying to keep from stressing her more by contacting her about her status.  
She has refused every offer of help to get her packed up.  It's been very strange to say the least.  I hope we hear they made it soon.

I missed my lab appointment for a blood draw to check on the return of cancer.  I had to reschedule for this week.  This also affected the doctor appointment.  The doctor had no available appointments until Aug. 30.  They offered me to see his NFP or PA.  So I will see one of them again.  They had wanted me to see the doctor this time as it has been 2 years since the last.  I guess that will have to wait.  I hope my brain box keeps up with this next lab appointment on Thursday.

Happy Trails

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Sorry to hear the issues. What I've done is to post a list of appointments on the fridge. That way I see them every morning. What's depressing is they seem to be increasing rather than decreasing...

Randy said...

Old NFO-thanks but it's just life. I may try that trick

Harry Flashman said...

Walmart has some new anti-inflammatory pills that are twice as powerful as the old ones. I can't even begin to spell the name, it's a common pain reliever that starts with an "a" and is really long. I take one in the morning and one in the evening and it helps with my back problems.