Wednesday, June 14, 2017

GrandKids and VBS

The Grandkids are here for 4 days and will be heading to VBS everyone of those days with Kim for several hours.  That gives me some time to do a few things around here.  Monday and Tuesday were taken up with yard work, some leather work and various other things.  I paid the price of the yard work last night, didn't take enough Ibuprofen and slept fitfully.  I will need a nap, but that's not likely with the Grandkids here.  This will be a long week it appears.  I can see that Kim is already tired.  She spends a lot of time and energy entertaining the kids.  I caught her dozing on the couch several times and then when the kids went to bed she was asleep on the couch early LOL.  There will be little time for her to rest as she has to head to the resort Saturday.  I was hoping the next week would be less hectic, but Kim starts going to the resort to work 3 days a week until the end of August.  That puts a damper on fun day trips etc. but the work is needed and generates a little to help us with a few fun things occasionally.  So we wait until Fall to start any day trips, it's much cooler then usually.

I tried out my new walking sprinkler yesterday.  How nice it is to not have to run out and move the sprinkler every so often all day long.  No, I don't just set it and forget it.  Those things can come untracked and head off to who knows where or hit some unstable ground and lean sideways and dig a big hole in the ground.  So I set myself an alarm for every hour or so and check from the window to make sure it hasn't misbehaved.

I bought myself a dash cam.  I have been watching videos on the tube of you that have been made with dash cams.  There is some crazy stuff that happens.  It's just a curiosity to me.  It was cheap enough that I felt comfortable spending the cash.  The wife said that is my Father's Day gift.  We do that all the time, either we don't gift or let the other get something they wanted themselves.  We are really lazy about shopping for gifts as we get older.  It works for us.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Sounds like a good plan... And work DOES get in the way of fun, but one does what one has to!