Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Getting a Bit Warm

Yes it is.  The weather service recorded the first 100* day recently.  This isn't unusual at all, but the humidity has been pretty high along with it.  That same day I recorded just 94*.  I don't usually have that much of a difference in temps.  Maybe we had a bit more cloud cover.  There isn't a cloud in the sky today, despite the humidity.  My device is showing 61% humidity but I could have bet it was much higher.

It gets oppressive when it's like this.  It really makes the exercise I try to do much harder.  Today it felt like I hadn't done any before, I was struggling toward the end.  I think it's the humidity mostly.  I can't get enough oxygen while I exercise.  I don't know, I am too far removed from the science classes of my youth.

Father's Day was quiet.  The Son #1 had been trying to get me to come their direction and go to lunch etc. but I just wasn't motivated enough to drive that far and fight the crowds at a restaurant.  They get much to busy for my comfort level on these type holidays.  I decided I to just stop at Whataburger on the way home from church and then go home.  Son #1 and his family showed up later and it was nice.
I called my Dad and told him Happy Father's Day, he was a bit disappointed we weren't coming.  I promised him we would come Monday, and we did.  Bought him lunch at Denny's, a place I never would have chosen but he likes it.  Son #2 was a no show, just a text.  He chose that day to spend with my Dad.  

Kim starts working 3 days a week at the resort today.  Every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. 
Things have been strange on that front so was have no idea how successful it will be.  Have made a few leather bracelets for her and this Biker Wallet:





This has been keeping me busy for the last week.  I have another I will start on this week, plus a few other bracelets she wants.  Hopefully some of this will sell.

This work schedule the wife will be working pretty much hinders any fun things.  yes she has days off but those are spent restocking her wares and making new items.  It's just as as well, it gets too hot to do outdoor activities plus the fact there are lots more people in places we like to be alone at.  Yes, I am a getting more and more curmudgeonly. 

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep, warm up here too! 105 last week, but at least it didn't hit till mid-June! Nice job on the wallet! :-)