Thursday, June 8, 2017

Busy Again

Things have picked up around here it seems.  I have a few leather projects going and got so busy with them I forgot to even take photos of them.  I try to do that with everything I make.  I just want to be able to refer back to a piece either for ideas or to help me remember exactly what I have done.  A couple of inside the waistband holsters, some leather bracelets that Kim wanted to add to her inventory and a couple of 'Biker' wallets.  The wallets are something new for me so I am doing them from a kit the first time, plus I am basically out of all useable leather for anything like that.

The holsters were done because a friend needed one for his new Kimber 1911 short barrel with a crimson trace laser.  That is a nice pistol.  So that precipitated a trip to the leather store and bought a few of the other things I mentioned.  I never get out of there for less than a 100$ and sometimes much more.  But it keeps me out of trouble for the most part.

We have both been working on getting things ready for the upcoming (next week) VBS at our church.
Kim is much busier than I am in that regard.  We also needed to do some major grocery shopping so that took up much of one day since we go to 2 stores at the first of the month.  Costco and the local grocer.  We had to stock up some extra since the Grandkids will be here all next week also along with their attendance at VBS.  So next week will be pretty busy too.

I was hoping to get away for a day trip somewhere either today or Friday since we will be tied up most of next week.  I have been stuck here for far too long and need to get out before I go nuts.  But it doesn't look like that is going to happen either.  The rib just informed me that she has more work to do Thursday to get ready for VBS that will take most of the day.  Friday is not looking so good either now.

Maybe I will sneak down to the little lake in our area and get my fly rod out and see what I can do.  
Who am I kidding?  There are no shade trees at that lake and I ain't gonna work at it that hard.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Busy is good, right? And fishing isn't supposed to be work, at least not for us... :-)