Monday, November 20, 2023

Oops

I just forgot to post last week.  I got a little confused on what week it was and had already posted.  Nope, wasn't too busy at all.  Wish I could blame it on somethng like that but it's just a brain mur mur or something.  Shrug.  

And it almost happened today too.  I got busy trying to get an inspection sticker for K's car.  It expires this month which is just a few days away.  Here in Texas you need one to renew your registration and get the appropriate sticker.  It really serves no purpose other than inconveniencing drivers.  It is a joke how the inspection is.  Check lights, blinkers, brake lights, back up lights and wipers.  Nothing else.  In and out in less than 5 minutes at the place I use.  They collected their 7 dollars and I was home.  They used to be more stringent.  And the inspectors hate it.  The amount they collect isn't worth their time.  There are quite a few states that have done away with inspections.  The last two legislative sessions have had attempts made at abolishing it.  There are more extensive arguments on abolishing it but I won't get into that here.  I just wish they would cut it.  So we (K) will head to HEB to get a new registration sticker when she heads out for groceries for the upcoming feast.

Thankgiving will be my Carne Guisada by popular vote.  The Grankids wanted it and their parents agreed.  We will also have a batch of King Ranch Chicken to accomodate the non-beef eater.  Both are fairly easy to make.  The Carne Guisada takes mostly just time in order for the beef to simmer long enough to get really tender.  

Surprise of surprises my Mother says she will attend.  I won't hold my breath but she didn't offer excuses like she has for the last 10+ years.  She has pretty much become her old self for the most part ever since her dog passed.  Although she loved that dog very much it caused her a lot of concern and worry, most of it unwarranted.  It pretty much clouded her entire life.  So this will be new territory so to speak with her coming and being around this many family members in my home.  No, she has been here many time before but it's been a very long time and wasn't without Dad and her mental capabilities.  Hopefully she will enjoy herself.  

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Hope everything works out well!