Monday, May 15, 2023

My Heart Breaks

Once again I find myself forgetting to write a post.  I get busy with a chore or two and it keeps going for the better part of the day.  Thus this blog gets forgotten.  My foggy brain?  Maybe.  So what was I doing this time?  Still working on clearing out the garage for the most part.  I am making headway.  A little at a time.

Hope all the Mothers had a great Mothers day.  Ours was pretty quiet.  We had gone over to Son#1's on Saturday.  He grilled some steaks and we had a good time visiting.  We came home after church on Sunday and ate some of my homemade enchiladas and not much else.

On that note, things have not gone very well with my Mother over the last couple weeks. I think her mental abilities have declined some more.  She is now transferring memories, if that is what it's called.  Things that actually happened but she insists it was someone else when it was actually her.  And of course it's a very bad memory.    It is heart breaking.  'K' is at the doctor with her this morning.  She has not allowed anyone to go with her the last two visits.  We don't even know what the doctor told her or med changes he prescribed or why.  Then she will call 'K' and have her call the doctor's office to ask them what they told her to do.  This time 'K' told her she would be there to go with her and there was no argument.  I am not sure if she was even aware that she didn't let her go before.  But we need to find out what he says/prescribes.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

So sorry to hear that, but a great idea. My daughter takes her grandfather to his appointments for the same reason. And don't worry about missing a post here and there, real life takes priority!