Monday, May 8, 2023

Garage Clean Out

We have been cleaning out things in the garage lately.  It is crammed full of things we don't or rarely ever use.  That storage has hopefully changed.  We have filled at least one of those 96 gallon trash cans with mostly things that were in the garage.  There are still a lot of things that need to go.  We work on one area at a time trying to free up space.  We are seeing some progress.  There is still much that needs to be tossed.  This will take multiple days/weeks.  Once the trash can gets semi full we stop in order to have space for our regular trash.  And then it starts all over again.  The real trick will be when we get to the shelves of things left over from 'K's' business.  If we can make a big dent there we can proceed with other plans.  No, I'm not picking on 'K,' I have my own share of things, tools and hardware I rarely ever touch anymore but I find very hard to turn lose.  There will almost always be a need at one time or another for a tool or hardware to repair things around the house.  But I am tossing some.  Miter saws (the hand variety) a couple other hand saws I have never used and a few other things I still have not gone through.  Especially random hardware.  I am finding so much of that that was always saved for later then more was bought since I didn't remember I had it or couldn't find it.  I am so bad about doing that.  But the less I try to undertake now days. and hire it done, the less I need or collect these things.  Hopefully.

I need to head out to the grocery and to Home Depot today.  The plan for HD is not to buy anything I will have to store in the garage.  LOL.  I do need some root killer for my Septic System.  I will try to find something other than the copper sulfate I have used in the past.  I am not sure that doesn't degrade my concrete tank.  The last time I had it pumped that there was a big Sulphur smell when they opened the lid.  They had no idea why it did that but I remembered I had used copper sulphate numerous times previously.  The concrete lid was brittle and fell apart and seemed to have a yellow cast to it.  I will look for something different.

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Gah, reminds me I need to clean out my garage... spring cleaning time... sigh