Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Morning Routine Changes

With the weather getting warmer my 'schedule' is a bit off.  I have been waking around 5:30 AM (sometimes much sooner) and will doze until 6 or 6:30.  Usually pain will force me to get up sooner than I want.  'K' also will get up about the same time.  She doesn't sleep well either and then there are the dogs that just wait for any movement or sign of life to jump on us.  Once that happens any additional sleep will NOT happen.  We have been taking advantage of the early get up times to get the dogs walked before the heat hits.  Times for that will get even earlier as the heat increases.  Not sure 'K' will tolerate walking before the sun rises like I have done in the past.  I hope she does.  It's been cool but also very humid.  It's pleasant but we get pretty sweaty anyway due to the humidity that has been running 80-90%.

We have pretty much finished with the garage clean out.  There is a lot more room but not near as much as I had hoped.  With all the rain we have had I have been cutting the grass more often.  And the Bermuda seed has been sprouting and starting to fill in bare patches of the yard.  The deer seem to be eating some of it, the newer sprouts from what I can tell.  Not a lot I can do about that.  Way too many deer and I don't stay outside long enough to chase them off.  I am thinking about getting one of those motion detector sprinklers to help keep them away.  Not sure I want to spend 70$ for that.

The 4 year old Granddaughter will be here starting Thursday and will be here at least through Sunday maybe Monday.  That is usually a good thing but we haven't had her that long before.  But the parents have a show in Houston they need to be at and she certainly would not enjoy that while they work.  We are happy to oblige, especially since Mom will be home from school for the Summer and we will get her less than usual.  

Happy Trails


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad the garage is done before it gets hot! Enjoy the granddaughter!