Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Day 17-I Think

Not so sure about that number of days of isolation.  I have to actually refer to a calendar and then count down from the previous post.  The days are running together.  Not sure why that is the case as I often have to ask the wife what day it is.  We had actually started a modified isolation at least a week earlier, and I took measures even earlier at 'K's' urging as I am in the high risk class.

It really doesn't matter.  Our lives have not really changed that much as we spend a lot of time at home anyway.  It's just the thought that we should stay home and not expose ourselves to others that might be sick, that we can't just get up a go  anywhere we want any time.  We have pretty much stopped using drive thrus for food.  I BBQ'ed a brisket Saturday and we have been eating that off and on.  The rest will be frozen for other times.  

We did take a short drive into the hills near us to see if there were many wildflowers.  There weren't many at all.  We have a small patch in our backyard that was as good or better than what we saw.  They are going to seed now and will get cut down in another couple weeks so they can go to drop those seeds for the next year.  More yard work is in the near future.  Once the oak pollen has lessened I'll be out trying to get the yard cut.  The oak pollen has bothered me some this year.  It usually doesn't.  

I attempted a repair on our refrigerator.  The water line that feeds the water dispenser was spraying water all over the wall every time we used it.  Took us a while to discover it.  Ordered the part and it went pretty well...until I checked for leaks.  There was a very minor leak at the hardest to reach connection of course.  I decided to reinstall that connection.  I made it worse.  Since it is at location that is very difficult to reach I strained my hand.  So it sits until my hand stops hurting.  We just don't use that dispenser.  I guess that's why that there was a water catch tray that drains into the main water tray.  If I can get it back to that very small leak I guess that will be good enough.  Until then I refill water bottles and put them back in the fridge to have cold water to drink.  I really need my cold water.  I rarely drink room temp water if ever.

It appears that most of the country is now taking this virus more seriously.  Another 30 days has been added to the isolation guidelines.  I wish they had done that sooner instead of piecemealing it week to week.  Maybe we would have been farther ahead of this thing.  Just  uninformed speculation on my part.

I hope all is well with you and yours.  I pray every day for you.

Happy Trails


1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Hang in there! And I don't think anyone REALLY knows how this is going to turn out... sigh