Friday, July 12, 2019

She Got a New Boot

Friday K had her appointment with the Podiatrist.  This is approximately 4 weeks after the surgery on her heel.  We were hoping she would get put into a walking boot.  She did get one and we are glad of that.  So she is progressing on schedule.  This boot is taking some getting used to.  There is pain now when she walks and she is very unsteady on it.  They also cautioned her to be VERY careful and not to fall.  They made her somewhat fearful so they must have really stressed that.  She has been very tentative in doing anything at all on it and is still resorting to her knee scooter.  I just need to be patient and let her do what she wants and not try to push her beyond what would help her get back to normal.  

My newest Granddaughter turned 5 months earlier this week.  But she is in Arizona with the other Grandparents.  They have not seen her since she was born, well except for Skype.  I had suggested to them that we would keep her with us while they went to Arizona so they could relax.  They weren't buying it.  So I am missing my weekly visits with my little nugget. 

I told y'all about my closest cousin and his episode with prostate cancer a while back.  It turns out now that he has pancreas and liver cancer.  I am having a hard time wrapping my head around that one.  I am very concerned.  We had spoken a couple weeks ago and he told me that the doctor told him it was not cancer.  I only heard this latest news in a text message from his wife.  I don't know what to make of that.  I am sure it was pretty devastating.  I am trying to get the courage to call him.

Also, a fairly close friend had a one car accident.  Apparently he had a seizure.  They took him to the ER and found a naval orange size tumor in his brain.  He had surgery this week and is on the mend.  However, this tumor was cancer also.  They knew when they took it out that it was malignant.  They had to take him for an MRI before they closed him up to see if they got it all.  They had to go back in.  I am very concerned for him and his family.  

My Dad is supposed to be released from Rehab Monday.  Mom has been looking for a facility to place him in.  She won't be able to care for him as he hasn't progressed in the rehab.  At 3500-4500/month, she was frantic over what she would do.  She happened to mention it to one of the nurses at the rehab facility and the nurse told her about a Medicare program that will pay for most of an in home care program  It's like a hospice but without the impending death that we all know about.  It's still not cheap at 1800/mo but this is a better option than anything she has found so far.

Lots of prayers have been offered this week.  And they will continue.

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Thoughts and prayers for all.

Randy said...

THANK YOU