Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Busy Week

The roofer started Monday.  All day of that pounding on the roof K had to endure inside since she is still pretty immobile.  It was hard to even hear our own words at times and much less the TV, which is K's sole outlet.  Today they are back and will finish up.  It shouldn't take as long as yesterday.  They were here 12 hours hitting it hard in that heat.  Getting this done will be one less thing to have on our plate.

Today I take K over for a needle biopsy.  The closer it gets the more prevalent it is in my mind.  No, not worried, although I am concerned for the pain she will endure.  I hear they are extremely painful.  Luckily we have some good stuff left over from her surgery.  She isn't worried too much either but it is there.  Why wouldn't it be?  Her Mother passed from breast cancer in her early 50's.  

I have got to get to the grocery store today.  We have needed to go for some time but with everything going on I haven't been able to take the time to do that.  I don't want to leave K here alone too long and especially with the roofers here.  They come ask questions a few times and she can't get up to answer them.  I did sneak out for a little bit yesterday to look at the lawn tractors I had in my sights.  Research can only do so much.  As it turns out, the one I had initially thought would be the good choice is much less desirable than I thought.  The Home Depot employee just happened to be a friend I worked with before I retired and he gave me the low down.  Lowe's was next.  The employee knew even less than I did about the one I was considering there after the one at Home Depot was eliminated.  I finally eliminated that one and picked a cheaper model that is almost identical to my current one.  I am pretty sure that will be my final choice.  I just have to find the time to go back and purchase it and then have it shipped.  It's much to heavy for me to try and get it home now even if I did have my truck still.

I've got a couple appointments with the docs tomorrow and then one next week with my surgeon.  I am hoping that will be the last appointments for a while.  Oh, and K has one with her podiatrist Friday.  We are hoping they will put her in a walking boot then and get her more on her feet and off that knee scooter.

My Dad is still in rehab and from what I hear it is starting to wear on him quite a bit and is pretty grouchy.  This just makes it harder on my Mom and adds to her worry.  He will probably be out of Rehab before we can get over to see him.  WE just can't do it all.

Happy Trails




2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yay for the roof! Good thing to have/sarc off... Life does tend to eat up our days, especially when outside issues get involved. Hope things work out for all.

Randy said...

OLD NFO-thank you