Sunday, June 10, 2018

Happy News Revealed-and a Request for Help From My Readers That May Know

A friend is having a huge estate sale this weekend.  We had been given early access.  The wife had a few things she was looking for, I went along to temper her purchases, I didn't do a very good job.  They had a ton of stuff and they weren't trying to make money just trying to get rid of it.  I did find several small bags of pocket knives. I got 10 or 11 old knives for 7$.  They went to the Grandkids, their Dad, Son #2 and a neighbor kid.  I kept one, it is in the photo below.  Also picked up a box of 45 ACP.  It looks really old and is in the photo below.  I have never heard of 'kleanbore priming' and don't know anything about these rounds.  Are they safe to shoot?  If you can help me out and keep me from blowing my hand off it would be appreciated if you can tell me what you know.  They are wadcutters.



The wife found a few other random items.  We also got an older refrigerator for 20$.  I moved it yesterday with the help of a friend.  It wound up being a bigger job than we expected.  We had to remove the doors from the fridge to get it out of the house.  I guess they built the house around the fridge.  The doors leading out of the house were not the usual width, they were the width of interior doors.  Then the friends wife showed up to shop.  So we waited around even longer.  Since I was relying on his truck trailer and muscle I had no problem at all waiting, besides they are really great people.  

Today will be spent cleaning up the fridge and getting it cooled down and moved into place to replace the one we have that is having issues.  This one goes in the garage as extra freezer space and for cold drinks that take up so much room in the house fridge.  It's just a convenience thing for bulk items.

The other great news I alluded to a couple posts back is, we are getting another Grandchild.  Son #2 and his new bride gave us this extremely great news and we are having so much fun with it and suggesting names.  Of course I have to mess with them on names and such.  Son #2 is freaking out a little.  This was an accident and he is under a lot of pressure with his work at the moment.  I tried to help him out and hope he can just try to enjoy the moment, this only happens once on your life-the first child.  It should be an exceedingly happy time filled with joy and wonder.  It was for me, I hope it can be for him too.

Oh, and it you can help me out with the ammo condition, thank you.

Happy Trails

10 comments:

MattB said...

Perfectly fine to shoot this ammo. It is from the mid 70's and as long as there is no corrosion on these you will have no problem. I had some 45 auto from 1918 military ammo. Shot perfectly with no problems. Or you could put it on gunbroker and make a little bit on it.

MattB said...

Also if you are still hesitant shoot it in a revolver.

Old NFO said...

If you shake it at it rattles, it's okay to shoot. That is bullseye match ammo from the 1970s, as Matt said. Shot a LOT of that stuff back in the day. :-)

Randy said...

I knew you guys could steer me right, I thought it might be ok but wasn't sure. I much appreciate the info. Thank you

Old NFO said...

If you don't want it, I'll take it off your hands! :-D

Randy said...

LOL, I think that tells me I should keep it

MattB said...

Where was your new cover picture taken? Thanks.

Randy said...

Hi MattB-it was on a back road near Comfort, Texas

MattB said...

Forgot to tell you congrats on the new grandkid!!

Randy said...

MattB-thank you