Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Update

I don't know where to start.  This could be a very long post but I just can't get all the words out.  My surgery went well and I am doing pretty good.  I was pretty foggy headed most of the day Monday, the day of my surgery.  They decided to take the wife into emergency surgery and try to find out the actual problem and get it fixed.  Once they got in it was worse than expected.  They said it looked like a grenade went off in her small intestine where it joins the colon.  They removed about a foot of her small intestine and will biopsy it to determine what went wrong.  They were noncommittal on the possibilities as you might expect.  But they were optimistic.  This news is all second hand.  I wasn't there.  That was killing me.  It was killing her that she couldn't be at my surgery either.  What a pair we are.

She is on the mend and starting to feel just a little better but has a lot of pain and will remain in the hospital probably through the weekend.  They have to kill all the infection that might be remaining and that her guts have started working without any leaks.  She has a long road ahead of her.  However this, I was told, that this is about the best case scenario for what they were expecting to do.  The biopsy is my main concern at this point and of course getting her home and well.

Thanks for you kind word and prayers.  We have had a lot of support from many folks and we cannot express how much it is appreciated.  Thanks seems so insufficient.

Happy Trails 

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad both surgeries went well, prayers continue!