Monday, October 16, 2023

Mom's Dog

F|YI-there will be no Post next week unless I get soemthing up later like Friday or Saturday but probably not.

Wow, the weather this morning.  Very cool.  We had 51* this morning.  I had to put on gloves for our walk this morning.  Walking the dogs requires my hands to be out of my pockets.  By the time I get home, my hands are hurting.  Yes, I'm a wimp.  But the cooler air is fantastic and the dogs loved it, got kind of spunky.

'K' has headed over to Mom's to be with her.  All weekend and before we have been dealing with Mom and her old dog.  She freaks out evertime it won't eat.  She doesn't get it that dogs won't eat some times.  But she thinks she is dying.  This time it turns out the dog was having distress breathing.  Vet was visited.  Turns out she has an enlarged heart and it pushes on her already compromised trachea.  Vet gave us a bunch  of meds to help.  Too many for her to dose her properly even with us laying them all out for her and making it easy.  She overdosed her on one and gave her none of the others.  The OD made her lethargic, more freaking out.  Vet visit today to follow up.  Prepared her for the inevitable.  My Brother took her and I don't know how that went but she has crossed the rainbow bridge with a little help.  Mom seems to be handling it much better than we could have guessed considering how attached she was.  Maybe it's the relief on not having to worry about the dog every second.  I don't mean to sound harsh, just trying to make this short as it could get very involved and I don't see a need to do that.  I am sure there will be some issues later with her grieving uncontrollably.  I can only pray.

Tomorrow I head over to the pain managment Doc.  He will hit me with an injection in my spine.  About where my shoulder blades are.  He says that will most likely help with my issue in my neck and shoulders.  He says nost tiime only one shot is needed.  Others maybe 3-4.  One in 2 million chance he messes up and paralyzes me.  And wouldn't you know it, my neck and shoulders have been better than I can remember in a long while.  It seems wierd to ge get pain shots when you have none.  But I do know it won't take much for it to come back.  I just avoid most things that causes a flare up.  Like sitting in from of this PC typing.  So I am going to say...

Happy Trails

No comments: