Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Doctors etc.

Went for my annual physical (or wellness as they say now) today.  Went pretty fast for a physical.  He was late coming in so he was in a hurry to catch up.  I was the first appt. and he showed up 27 minutes later.  SMH.  Not much in the way of a physical.  Mainly grilled me about my diabetes control.  Then sent me off for lab work.  I would rather they do the lab work prior so we can talk about it at the physical.  They used to, not sure why the change.  Maybe it's a medicare thing.

'K' is over staying with my Mom tonight.  Mom just loves it so much when she does.  She will take her to Costco to get new hearing aids that we have been trying to get her to do for a couple years.  I need to do the same.  My old ones are worn out and aren't doing the job anymore.  I checked with them about the new models that they usually get around September.  They have no idea when they might be in.  They say that one day they just show up.  So I will probably go ahead and just get them anyway.  I know it's frustrating for 'K' but it is for me too.  You tend to get a little isolated by not being able to hear everything.  So you get left out of some conversations.  While 'K' is there she will be making me an appointment.

I will also have a follow up with the Urologist to check my numbers for any return of my prostate cancer.  I don't foresee any issues.  Seven and a half years since it was removed.  They tell me the longer you go without a return the more likely it is it won't return.  I believe at 10 years they will cut me loose and I can eliminate one of the many doctor visits I have.  Yes, prostate cancer can come back even if you have no prostate.  It will grow in the area where the prostate was if not in the bones.

Not a lot else is going on and I don't see anything changing in the near future.  We did reserve rooms for the Bluegrass Heritage Festival in Farmers Branch in October.  Unless gas gets too outrageous will go again.  No Ricky Skaggs this year it seems but they have Rhonda Vincent coming.  My favorite Del McCoury will be there again.  This is a really good show and it's done right.  Looking forward to it.

Still hotter than ever here.

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Well, that is some good news! And yes, hot up here too, with no rain... sigh

Randy said...

@Old NFO, yes sir, it could always be worse