Saturday, March 14, 2020

Craziness

I am just beyond amazed at how crazy folks are getting from this corona virus news.  The stores around here are barren.  This has forced the big grocer around here, HEB, to modify their hours of operation.  They are no longer open til midnight or open at 6 AM.  8-8 is all you get now, they have to have time to restock.  They had previously said they have plenty of items and people shouldn't worry.  That message fell on deaf ears apparently.  I'm thankful we have a small stockpile of food.  My Mom had to make a rare trip to the store to stock up as she normally eats most of her meals out.  She needs to stay home as much as possible being 87, no telling who might try to roll her for her few groceries where she lives.  

This 'crisis' is self imposed.  I am ashamed to be of the human race.  Those that are truly in need will be even more in need.  The media bears the responsibility of making the gullible act in a panicked manner.  When all you see on every news cast is nothing but the virus.....it's just stupid crazy.  

I am pretty much home bound anyway.  My back has acted up and I have hardly even been able to walk.  I did get a couple visits in with an FNP at my chiropractor, and that has helped quite a lot.  I am going to remain a couch veg and catch up on reading and give it even more of a chance to heal.  I will miss church Sunday.  No, not because of the virus, but the things I do there tend to aggravate my back and I have been doing more than usual there lately and it just caught up with me.  At least that is what I think happened.  

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Taking a day of rest isn't a bad idea... And yes, it truly IS a crazy time!