Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Ugh

The 'game' certainly didn't turn out like I wanted.  The land thieves were clearly the better team.  No, I don't take any solace that the score was close, they still lost.  The score should have been much higher for the land thieves but their coach had a brain murmur too and went away from what was working well for them for about a half, just like all the UT coaches.  What is it with every UT coach, that causes them to keep running those wide pass/run plays that never work?  Do they think that since it wasn't successful they won't expect us to run it again?  What a lack of imagination.  The land thieves didn't even have to think about what might be coming at them.  It was the same thing every time.  NO second half adjustments.  I was not happy.

We have just been having a lot of errands the last few days.  Monday especially.  Went to 3 different places to get our flu shots.  'K' got hers at the first place but they didn't have the right dosage for me.  I didn't know that once you get 'older' there is a second stronger dosage.  They were out and didn't know when they would get it.  They offered the regular one but I passed.  They sent me to another store (Walgreen's) that they verified had the dosage.  This one was right near the Home Depot we were heading to.  No dice.  The tech couldn't get my insurance to work even though the other store had already updated in their system.  After watching her struggle with it for at least ten minutes and using two computers to try and make it work I just left and went across the street to HEB.  They did it right away with no issues.  No idea what her problem was other than maybe a brain fart.  

The Home Depot trip was to pick up a flapper kit for our toilet.  We have extremely hard water and deposits will build up on the tank drain hole and cause the flapper to leak ever so slowly.  After replacing the flapper once and sanding down the opening to remove the build up (it worked about a week and then started leaking again) I got another flapper that has an 'o' ring that was made to fit the drain hole and it came with some silicone to seal it with.  It has worked so far and I am hoping that is a final solution.  At least until more build up returns.

Apparently we aren't heading out on a road trip this week.  And 'K' hasn't mentioned it again and I won't since it makes her unhappy we aren't on the road already.  No excuses other than it's my fault.  I will use this time to take a look a 'K's' car and see if the spark plugs need changing and a couple other minor things I can do without to much trouble.  It's just not running as smooth as it should when I accelerate hard.  A couple bottles of injector cleaner made no difference.  It runs fine at all other times, it's just stumbles on hard acceleration.  Hopefully I can figure this out, but it isn't a huge issue I will worry about.

Happy Trails

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Flu shots this year seem to be 'interesting' to get... sigh... Insurance/no insurance/right/wrong dosages/etc. Glad you got it worked out. Re the stumble, 'maybe' the fuel filter clogging???

Randy said...

Old NFO-It might be, but it's so hard to get changed on this car I might have to get it done. The other things I can get them changed easy enough