Monday, June 24, 2019

SMH

It's all I can do.  SMH.  K needs a needle biopsy since they found small abnormalities during her mammogram.  Getting it approved by the insurance is becoming a chore also.  They say they won't allow the OBGYN that ordered the mammogram to order this.  It has to be done by her primary care doctor.  Of course this makes no sense at all.  The biggest issue is getting the primary care doctor to actually do it.  It isn't the doctor's fault for the most part, his staff seems to be incompetent when it comes to returning phone calls or letting you know they did what you requested.  These are for things they don't want you to come in for.  

K is doing really well and it makes thing much easier on me.  She even tries to do things I have been or think I should be doing for her.  We went to church Sunday.  However, all this extra activity, Saturday visiting my Dad and church has caused her knee she is walking on to hurt and swell.  So I am limiting her activity.  No more excursions for a while.

As I anticipated my Mom is off the charts with her anxiety.  My presence seems to add to it.  No matter how hard I try I seem to say the wrong thing at the wrong time (her perception). Long story. 
But that has caused me a great deal of concern.  She has to now make a decision for a rehab place for my Dad.  You would think she would choose some place close to her.  It appears she has chosen a place downtown that has no free parking or ease of parking for that matter.  Any place down there is not a safe place for an elderly woman to be walking alone.  She used to work there 40-50 years ago.  She loved it then, but does not realize how much things have changed there and downtown in that time frame.  It is also very difficult to get there now.  There is no direct route and it isn't close at all.  The traffic patterns have changed so much and increased exponentially from what she is familiar with.  As much as I would like to persuade her to try somewhere else, my doing so would cause her more worry and I just can't do that at this point.  This may sound harsh, but I will limit my contact.  She calls K all the time.  I keep up with things that way.  That way she can focus on thing other than my poor communication skills.  

I apologize for all the depressing news.  I write this mostly so I can remember things/events.  My old brain has its own issues with keeping track of events and where they go in the time frame.  I am sure things will become more positive as things progress.  By nature I am optimistic mostly so I don't ever get down in the dumps regardless of how this blog sounds at times.  Remember, it's just documentation of my goofy life.

I am going to try and start a small leather project to help pass the time and still be close at hand for K.  I can only watch so much TV.  

Happy Trails

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Dealing with issues is always traumatic in any number of different ways. That you can vent here is good.